Monday, April 13, 2009

Marley & Me

Over the weekend I watched Marley and Me. I am sure a lot of you know what is going to happen in this movie but if you don't want to know, do not read on.

In short, Marley, a yellow lab, is brought into Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson's family. He causes trouble wherever he goes. He is untrainable and when the couple has kids, becomes unbearable.

No matter how much trouble Marley causes, you grow to love him. And it definitely reminded my wife and I about our relationship with our dogs. Marley grows older and he can no longer walk up stairs. It is hard to see someone's dog get older. I don't ever want to see that day. Our dogs have brought so much joy to our lives, we both cannot imagine life without them. I tried to fight off the tears but I couldn't help but cry as the story was so real. Having lost pets in the past, I would not wish that upon anybody.

I joked about stopping the movie 10 minutes before it ended and I still kinda wish I did. All that being said, I don't regret watching the movie and I really don't regret having great pets, scratch that, great friends.

1 comment:

Josephine Zee Papillon said...

WHAT?! Marley DIES?! That's horrible!!! :( I thought it was going to be a story about a dog and "me" living happily ever after!!